Responsible for leading the bakery team in producing baked goods in a bakery. The bakery manager performs various duties to make sure that food is prepared, proper procedures and rules are adhered to, customers are satisfied and profit is made.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Profit maximization – increase corporate profit margins
- Meeting of product cost targets
- Staff productivity efficiency
- New product development
- Increase shareholder value
- Development and implementation of HACCP plan
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In liaison with the Finance Manager, direct the preparation of the annual factory budget by reviewing and evaluating all factory requests and items in the proposed budget including expenditures, revenues and reserves
- Submit the proposed budget to Finance Director together with a written report and recommendations based on Innscors’ policy direction, revenue projections, budget targets, proposed goals and objectives.
- Forecast short term and long term operational requirements and obligations in order to maintain adequate finances
- Generation and distribution of factory budget reports.
- Report to the Managing Director the status of the budget expenditures and revenues and recommend adjustments as necessary on monthly and quarterly basis. However, reports for newly outlined business operations will be done on a daily and weekly basis.
- Ensure that no third party cheques are encashed to avoid dishonored cheques.
- Fully accountable for petty cash and float –ensure petty cash vouchers are prepared, petty cash issued for purchase requests and prepare petty cash replenishment form
- Update factory staff on policy changes that impact directly or indirectly on the factory activities
- Maintain stock of expendable office equipment and a thorough control system of incoming and outgoing materials on a monthly basis.
- Ensure the factory facilities are well maintained and in good working order
- Authorized to enter into and execute contracts and actions to manage any disasters or emergencies; also authorized to approve ‘emergency’ purchases and immediately report the said approvals to the Managing Director in writing.
- Regularly analyzes sales reports in an effort to better identify which products are selling and which are not as popular with customers
- Assist in determining a financial information system that meets factory needs
- Initiates product changes and must communicate and enforce these directives to the staff.
- Analyse in detail all reports generated and pertaining to the efficient operation of the factory and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Degree in Food Science and technology
- Experience in managing a bakery
- Knowledge and application of HACCP